Sunday 12 October 2008

CC2 week 08 _ Midi and MSP


This week's assignment was a bit of a mental challenge. I had to overcome the resistance I had to putting 128 connections, objects etc in an object and all the associated joins.

My first attempt was not appropriate but very simple and had only one output. It was wrong.

My last attempt had 128 outputs, Hurrah !!!

Prior to utilising a poly~ in which to put the ctlin object (thanks to Christians Hint of the Day !!),
I was enjoying my Xenakis looking patches. So much that I'd like to make a patch with so many lines in it you can see zoo animals !!

One other thing I enjoyed from this week was editing the patch.txt file. I did this to name the objects and outputs. It was much easier than naming each object in Max.

http://www.box.net/shared/xjxpr224sq


references

Haines, Christian. 8. MIDI and MSP - CC2 - Music and Signal Processing.pdf

No comments: